The Purpose of Council PTA
Independence Council PTA is here to help. We provide support and assistance to the individual school PTAs and coordinate efforts and between local units. Councils help develop leadership, and support and encourage State and National PTA programs and projects. Councils bring people and schools together for a stronger voice for our children. Together we are stronger! Together everyone achieves more!!
The Purpose of PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, places of worship, and throughout the community;
- To raise the standards of home life;
- To advocate for laws that further the education, physical and mental health, welfare, and safety of children and youth;
- To promote the collaboration and engagement of families and educators in the education of children and youth;
- To engage the public in united efforts to secure the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of all children and youth; and
- To advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding.